Saturday, February 11, 2012

WHITNEY.

got out of LA today on a small road trip out of the chaos of grammy weekend..

while in a conversation speaking of whitney literally an hour ago before the news had gotten to me..about her being of the reasons i even became a singer and early childhood videos of me singing 'i wanna know will he really love me'

and the sweat on her upper lip while she'd sing and the best national anthem ever sung till this day which id spoken of during superbowl weekend..

i am broken down in complete + utter shock and never felt so many chills and hurt and tears over an artist as i have for whitney..

say what you want about her acting in the bodygaurd but i will never forget that her name was rachel in the film and i felt that was a huge sign and that when i won my first grammy i would always mention that in my first speech..

the memories that i have with whintey's records travel from the earliest years of my life+performing her music when i was 16 years old with three back up dancers in front of the largest crowd in the beginning stages of my live events 3,000 people..
Or when I snuck taking a photo of her years ago at the pool of the regent beverly wilshire while you were with your son and I was afraid you'd catch me but I didn't care cause you're whitney freakin huston and there was no way I didn't want to capture that moment.

whitney,i am sorry you suffered and had turned to the most improper things in life..

your gift was far beyond anything anyone could ever imagine. you had something so special and your legacy will last forever and ever..

your vocal performances and your story and your writing and your beauty will live on and on.

you've left me with a lifetime of memories+i promise i will not forget to thank you in my grammy speech.
you were the music id wake up my entire neighborhood to +sing and dance to at 6am when i was 4 years old.

i love you and wish your life well in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment